Friday, April 19, 2013

Nominated for a Liebster Award



I was nominated by Amy @ Cloud CouCou Crafts for the Liebster Blog Award.

I don't really know much about the Liebster Blog Award, I understand that it is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I believe the award is generally awarded by other Liebster award nominees. 

Below are some of the rules I found. 



  • Post eleven facts about yourself.
  • Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
  • Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
  • Go to their page and tell them.
  • Remember, no tag backs. 
Okay, so here goes 11 Random Facts About Me:


  1. I am Texan (born there and lived there much of my life)
  2. I have also lived in Mexico, Costa Rica, Cameroon (Africa), Equatorial Guinea (Africa), Oklahoma, Michigan, Wisconsin, and now Missouri.
  3. I have a bachelors degree in Plant and Soil Sciences/Agronomy (Grain Crops), but have never used it.
  4. I miss West Africa and have always assumed I will move back there some day.
  5. My family rescued and rehabilitated an orphaned gorilla when I was a teenager, (we tried the same with a chimpanzee, but he came to us with polio and after 4 months of round the clock care he died).
  6. I eat chips and salsa almost every day (that is usually lunch)... and my little boys tattle on me to my husband who doesn't approve of my sparse and random eating habits. 
  7. I used to randomly buy clothes for a future baby girl, that we never had, I gave them all away after the birth of my second son... But now I look for any excuse to make quilts, dresses, bows, etc for baby girls, and I buy very "girly" fabric with no specific project in mind and stash it. 
  8. I love my life and where we live, and the only thing I would change would be to live closer to my sister.
  9. I enjoy shooting guns. 
  10. Over the years, I have gone through phases of obsession with many different types of workouts including Pilates, Zumba, running, and now Kickboxing (I LOVE IT and get a nasty attitude if I miss my class for any reason).
  11. Since getting more into quilting... I have gotten so far behind on scrap booking, and I know I need to do something about it, but I just want to cut fabric and put it back together again as something even more beautiful. 

Amy @ Cloud CouCou Crafts Questions For Me:

Why did you start blogging? 

I started blogging because I have friends who kept asking about my quilting and other crafts. I wanted to share my pictures with them, but I also wanted to describe/explain the "projects" a bit more. So I decided to blog them.

What’s your pet peeve?

Whining... Complaining about stuff, instead of doing something about.

City or countryside?

I think I would always choose countryside over city.

What’s your favorite film?

Honestly, I am not much of a movie person. I enjoy watching a movie once, but generally never watched one twice. I would have to say Anne of Green Gables has always been a favorite of mine.

If you could invite 3 people to a dinner party who would they be?

I am not sure if this means people who are famous/historical, or something of that nature, or just people in general. I am going with Historical/Famous.

Jesus
Martin Luther
Elizabeth Elliot

What’s you favourite fabric line?

Fresh Air by Chez Moi

Who’s your favourite author?

Beth Moore

Morning person or night owl?

Morning 

Do you have any goals for the year?

Do more fun things with my boys.

Where did you last go on holiday?

Branson, MO

Favorite word?

Grace

My Questions for the Blogs I selected:


  1. Favorite Vacation/Holiday Location
  2. Favorite Restaurant/place to eat out
  3. Favorite piece of furniture/art/decoration in your home
  4. Would you rather cook for guests or go out to a restaurant
  5. Last book you read
  6. Beach or Mountains
  7. Least liked household chore
  8. Favorite dessert
  9. Favorite Flower
  10. Favorite Breakfast Cereal
  11. Tea or Coffee
Blogs I nominated:


Okay that was a lot of work... But thanks Amy for nominating me and I hope all of the blogs that I nominate are able to score some new followers and a PR boost! 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination, Jessica! I'm working on my blog post for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much!!! I'm woking on getting my post up--just got back from a small vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also thank you for the nomination. I have previously been nominated so I won't be paying it forward however I will partake in answering your questions in my next post... Which may or may not have an additional surprise! Kick boxing eh! Have you seen the movie 'The Warrior'?

    ReplyDelete