I spent more time in my sewing "nook" over the weekend than I had anticipated. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate so Backyard Bible Club was postponed until this coming Saturday... Praying for a dry Saturday at this point!
While I did quilt a bit more than I had anticipated, I still don't feel like I really accomplished anything. I stared at a pile of fabric for several hours, cut a bit here and there, and still struggled to come up with something I liked for the next block in my Philippians 4:8 Wall Hanging.
I mentioned last week that I had chosen Urban Mod by AGF because I wanted to bring more yellow into my living room. I tried adding Kona Canary into a couple of the blocks. I am not sure if I like how the blocks turned out. The yellow seems too bright, but using my color card it seems to work the best with the yellows in the prints.
The Fabrics I Am Using
Kona Canary Seems To Work
Afraid that the yellow comes off as too bright...
Second block using the yellow...
Really like this block, but afraid it doesn't blend well with the others, it might be too gray/blue... But I really like how it turned out.
I did layout all of the completed blocks and tried to come up with an arrangement that allows for the yellow to possibly blend a bit more. The blocks are currently different sizes and shapes so I will have to work that out. I still have two other blocks to work on, and then I will sash them together. My hope is that I will be able to make everything blend well with the sashing. I still haven't decided whether or not that blending should involve adding more yellow, or not.
All of my completed blocks pinned up on my design wall, not in any order/arrangement.
I did complete a couple more Farmer's Wife blocks, but I would blog more about that later in the week.