Monday, March 25, 2013

Lone Starburst Quilted Pillow



I posted about my first paper pieced project, a Lone Starburst out of Joel Dewberry's Aviary 2 in Lilac as well as some Kona Solids Olive and Violet. I decided to turn that 12.5 inch block in a larger block and quilt it.

 I added 3 inch borders... Although after I quilted it I wound up trimming them down. I used a high loft batting and muslin for backing.




I followed the seam of the star burst and then I decided to venture outside of my comfort zone and use my walking foot to follow the outline of the star. I think it turned out very nicely. The high loft batting caused the star burst itself to "poof" up a little and it looks nice.



I loved the way the back of it turned out, unfortunately that is hidden inside of the pillow now. I will definitely be making this block again and quilting it the same way so that the back can be seen because I really love this. 




I used Pond Kona Solid for the back of the pillow. I used recycled stuffing from an old pillow that we weren't using... and Voila!



A simple matching pillow for the Lilac Diamond Quilt. 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    Your pillow turned out so lovely! Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is going well. We are headed to Branson Thursday/Friday and will give my mom her quilt, so I am looking forward to that. Hope your week is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this pillow design is very attractive.
    to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.

    ReplyDelete