Saturday, March 2, 2013

Quilting Plans for March and Small Blog Link Up


Hmmm... Well the last 5 months have been crazy! I have made 4 quilts from start to finish, several peasant dresses and matching headbands, appliqued onesies, a felt flower wreath, organized a group of ladies that made over 50 pillowcase dresses that I took took to Haiti, made my first free motion quilting project - a wall hanging, and took two old dressers and gave them complete makeovers for my sons' bedrooms. I think that is it... Like I said its been crazy, and that's just the crafting, sewing, and quilting projects, that doesn't include actual life :) 

Currently I am working on a value quilt using Joel Dewberry's Aviary 2, the lilac palette. This is a quilt I am making for my mom and I want it to be perfect! I plan to blog about it, but don't want to spoil the surprise with pics of how it is coming along or anything, until I am finished. I posted a pic of the fabric. At this point I think that this will be my main project for March. 







Lily's Quilts
- See more at: http://lilysquilts.blogspot.com/2013/03/fresh-sewing-day-and-small-blog-meet.html#sthash.CuKQ79Yl.dpuf
Lily's Quilts
- See more at: http://lilysquilts.blogspot.com/2013/03/fresh-sewing-day-and-small-blog-meet.html#sthash.CuKQ79Yl.dpuf

6 comments:

  1. But I want to see your WIP :) Beautiful fabrics! I'm visiting from Lily's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I really can't wait to show off my WIP and honestly I will probably post a few snippets of if throughout the month!

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful fabric. It sounds like you have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That sounds like a crazy busy time! I adore that.fabric especially the colors! I bet your mom will love it. Maybe you should ban her from the blog so you can post about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The past five months have been crazy for me, too, but only with one really big sewing project and a ton of moving back and forth. Sounds like you've accomplished a ton! Good luck with the quilt for your mom!

    Stopping by from Small Blog Meet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This and last yr have been crazy for me, 2 sons got married, new grandson, new studio and Fabric adventure, still not completed, alot of hops.. which I want to end, I want to do my own thing.. stopping by from Fresh Sew Hop

    ReplyDelete