Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Don't Really Wanna Work on My WIPs

For those of you that read my previous two posts, you know I haven't been sewing much. This is my first blog post that is actually about sewing in over two months! Wow!

The dilemma I am facing is that I really don't want to work on any of my WIPs. They just don't interest me. I don't know what my problem is. When my pregnancy took a turn towards misery I was in the middle of so many different projects and I was enjoying all of them. After 10 weeks of not working on them, or even thinking about them I just can't seem to want to work on them!



Just before I got sick I started working on a King Size Wonky Log Cabin Quilt for my bed. Last week I spent a couple of hours making more 26 inch blocks. I have 8 of 9 complete, and I started working on the 9th. Even though I added to my pile of blocks, I really didn't feel like it. I am seriously doubting my color choices, and the design. It is very modern in my opinion, and I am just not sure how I feel about it.

I am also part of of the Skill Builder Block of the Month and I am so far behind.

I still have one more "hand-pieced" block for April, then May, June and July's blocks! I began working on the second hand pieced block, the Diamond Carat, but still have a long ways to go. I am contemplating skipping it for now and moving on to try and catch up. 


I really want to move on to new projects... Baby projects to be specific. BUT we still don't know if the baby is a girl or a boy and we won't know until Sept 5th. So I should take this opportunity and finish up what's already in progress. I have spent so many hours looking at fabric options for baby bedding and colors for the nursery. I think I have decided on two different color palettes for the nursery depending on whether the baby is a boy or a girl. Of course it could change next week, there are so many lovely colors and fabrics its hard to make a decision and stick with it.  

Have you ever taken a break from sewing/quilting and then found it very difficult to start back up on your WIPs? Any tips for getting over this?

Linking up with Liz from Shush-I'm Quilting guest blogging for Freshly Pieced - WIP Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. Yes that has happened to me as well. I always have lots of WIP's and if I feel like starting something new I do. I have a few I never did finish because I didn't like them. No need to feel guilty. This is my hobby and I should find enjoyment in what I making so do what is inspiring you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably why i have so many projects on the go... the variety keeps things interesting!
    Don't stress it, and don't feel guilty about starting something new. The idea is to have fun, and if you're not enjoying a project, put it aside. I have a pile of wip's that i may or may not ever get back to! Some of them i've just taken apart and used the fabrics for other things! Keep it fun!

    You're skill builder BOM's look awesome! I love you fabric choices for them!

    And i can totally relate with miserable pregnancies, both of mine were hard, (and not a lot of sewing got done while pregnant with little guy number two!)

    ReplyDelete