Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Sewcial Bee Sampler



A lot of changes have happened in my life in the last 6 months, and quilting had to be put on the back burner. It's always the first thing to go when my life gets crazy, but I miss it so much. If you want to read a bit more about my family's big changes visit our blog, Pyyk Pastures. 

When I saw that Maureen Cracknell, my favorite quilt blogger and fabric designer was hosting a sew-along with Sharon Holland, the Sewcial Bee Sampler I decided it would be just the thing to get me back into the swing of things with quilting.

One simple block each week, I can do that, even in the crazy!

Sewcial Bee Sampler Button
If you are a beginner or just want a fun sew-along please join in! Go to Maureen's or Sharon's blogs to find out all of the details and get the pdf instructions. I will be putting a button on my blog so that you can find it. Remember if you make the blocks to hashtag #SewcialBeeSampler on Instagram to share your beautiful blocks and to be entered into a weekly giveaway. Also Maureen and Sharon will be hosting weekly giveaways on their blogs, so remember to follow them.

The first block, released last Wednesday February 1, 2016, Patience Corners was simple and fun, see my pics below.

I thought I would go scrappy for this project, but I think I will stick with using Garden Dreamer by Maureen Cracknell for Art Gallery Fabrics.  I will be using Robert Kaufman Quilters Linen in White for my borders.















Fat Quarter Bundle of Garden Dreamer





4 -Squares for my HST (Half Square Triangles) and 2 1/2 inch strips for the borders



If you are a newbie you learn a really great HST technique with this block - creating 8 HST's out of 2 squares of fabric! It's a really awesome and fast way to create HST's. I wish I had known this fabulous technique years ago when I was on a HST kick and made two large quilts out of HSTs. 





The final product! It turned out lovely and I can't wait to make the next block, which was released today, A Dandy!


No comments:

Post a Comment